Thursday, October 9, 2014

Air Travel Essentials - Part 3 of 3

Well, here it is... The final installment of my Air Travel series!  If you haven't read part one or two, you can just click on these links: Part 1, Part 2.

What more do I have to impart to y'all, you ask?  Well, it occurred to me that this is a makeup-centered beauty blog, so I would be remiss if I didn't include any sort of makeup in the series.

I'm going to be honest: I usually don't put makeup on after a long plane ride.  Travel in and of itself is tiring and stressful, so I don't usually feel like putting much effort toward my appearance until after a hot shower.  After all, who do I have to impress?  I'm married!  (I'm joking, of course... I'm a firm believer in the notion that makeup is not to impress others, but to make yourself feel beautiful and confident.)  Nevertheless, there have been a few times where I felt like putting on some pre-baggage claim makeup was a necessity.  It's usually when I have to head to a meeting or an event right after landing, with no time for a stop at the hotel.  For these times, I have a simple makeup routine that I use.

Post-Flight: Looking Fresh-Faced

When putting on makeup at the airport, I'm not trying to look like a Kardashian.  Even though everyone knows that I love to contour my face, there's a time and place for that, and an airport bathroom is definitely not it.  I just try to make myself look bright-eyed, fresh-faced and well-rested (even when I'm not any of those things).   I need products that aren't only easy to pack, but also easy to use and that don't require a lot of tools.

From Left to Right: Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner, Smashbox Waterproof Kohl Liner, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, Vincent Longo Lip/Cheek Gel Stain, Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Bronzer and BH Cosmetics Kabuki Brush
This photo might as well be titled "Jaz's Must-Have Makeup Products."  I swear by every single one of these products, but I do realize that they can be pricey, so I will also list a drugstore alternative for all you thrifty glammies.  Also, while I usually advocate for using brushes because they're more hygienic, I realize that it's probably not convenient in this case, which means applying with my clean fingers, unless otherwise stated.  Anyway, here's what my simple airport makeup would look like:

This look is simple, effortless and only takes about 5-10 minutes!
Y'all should know by now that I strongly promote hydrating your skin after being on a plane, and it doesn't stop when I put on my makeup.  I tend to favor a CC or BB cream like this one by Smashbox ($42) over a traditional foundation because it hydrates much like a moisturizer would, while still evening and perfecting my skin.  A great drugstore alternative would be the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream ($7.19).

After putting on my CC Cream, I highlight my under-eye area with my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer ($29) to brighten up my eyes, as well as dabbing a little on my forehead, chin and cupid's bow.  A drugstore alternative for this would be Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer ($7.99).

I feel like a defined brow really makes a girl look effortlessly put together, and the Brow Wiz ($21) is the hands-down best product in the market for this.  The formula of the pencil glides on easily without smudging, and the little spooly brush on the end helps to brush the hairs into place.  The alternative to this product would be the Revlon Brow Fantasy ($5.91).

I love eyeliner.  I actually have been known to walk out of the house wearing nothing on my face but eyeliner, and I felt completely put together.  For this particular look, I take Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner ($18), line the outer half of my eyes and smudge it a little on the ends.  CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus ($5.69) would also do the trick.  Just for extra oomph, I hit my waterline with a nude eyeliner, which makes my eyes look even bigger.

Vincent Longo ($22.50) makes one of the best lip and cheek stains that I've ever used.  I love stains because they look effortless, but I dislike them because they tend to be drying.  This one is one of the very few stains that don't dry out my lips.  The best part is that it can be dabbed on the cheeks, and you can use it as a blush!  I love multi-purpose products for traveling!  The drugstore option for this item is the Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain ($7.99).

Bronzer is a completely optional part of this makeup look.  I personally prefer to just touch the outside of my face with bronzer to slim it, but I realize that it's not for everyone.  If you were to use bronzer, my favorite is the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Powder ($36.)  I also like the Maybelline Fit Me Bronzer ($4.40).  I apply my bronzer with the BH Cosmetics Kabuki Brush ($11.01), which I love for travel because, even though it's dense and fluffy, it comes at a great price and even includes a cute little leather carrying case.

Of course, no look is complete without some mascara to make your peepers pop.  I never thought that the Better Than Sex Mascara ($23) by Too Faced would ever be topped on my list, but it seems that L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara ($7.99) is giving it a run for its money.

There you have it!  That's all of my air travel tips!  Thanks for sticking with me for all three of these posts... I know that they're super long.  I hope you found at least a couple of tips that were helpful.  Happy flying!

Glammie Love,
Jaz

No comments:

Post a Comment