Saturday, October 18, 2014

e.l.f. Studio Moisturizing Lipstick

I don't know what it is about Target, but every time I walk in to buy a few things, such as laundry detergent, dog treats, Advil, etc., I always end up finding myself in the beauty aisle, trying to see if e.l.f. has put out anymore new and affordable products.  Great job, Target, for carrying this brand, you get me every time!

At this time, Target has started carrying (in-store only) five different shades of their Moisturizing Lipsticks, $3.00 each.  But if you don't live anywhere near a Target, you can still order it from the e.l.f. website, also $3.00 each.  The great thing about buying from the website is that you get to pick from ten shades!  However, if you absolutely cannot wait and want to run to the store and pick these babies up, here are the five shades Target offers:


From Left to Right: Pink Minx, Ravishing Rose, Rosy-Go-Round, Cheeky, Red Carpet


From Bottom to Top: Pink Minx, Ravishing Rose, Rosy-Go-Round, Cheeky, Red Carpet 

That shine means moisture!  All shades that I show are with lipstick only, no lip liner or gloss. Hopefully, this gives you an idea of how the pigmentation enhances the color without help from any other product.

Pink Minx

When I think of Pink Minx, I think of Bubblegum/Barbie Pink.

The thing about loving Barbies growing up is finding myself always drawn to them; the bad thing about Bumble Gum/Barbie Pink is that it doesn't look good on my lips.  Out of the five shades, this one is the most transparent.  I tried to layer it, but it just made them look more pale.  I think it would look great on someone with a lighter skin tone or for use as part of an ombre lip.



Ravishing Rose

This shade was my favorite until I tried Red Carpet, but I still absolutely love this shade!



It smells like there is cocoa powder, and as I applied it, it reminded me of the smell of Too Faced The Chocolate Bar Eye Palette.  Though its tempting, do not eat it! And if you have kids, make sure they don't eat it either!




Rosy-Go-Round

This is a shade you wear when you want to go out and enjoy some night life.  If you want a hot pink shade that's more deep than neon, then this is the shade for you!

It doesn't come across as a deep hot pink, but trust me it is!  It reminds me of a deeper shade of my Sephora Collection Rouge Cream Lipstick Mr. Lover, which Sephora describes as a bright fuchsia (although I think it's more of a neon hot pink).  Anyhow, if you are not feeling the neon and want a darker shade than the Rosy-Go-Round, this is the choice for you!



Cheeky

Cheeky is the most metallic shade.  If you played the "which of these things isn't like the other" game (with these five shades), this would be this shade that wins.  After all, unlike the rest, it's not in the pink or red family.

However, if you want to rock the bronze goddess look, this is definitely the shade. It gives such a nice, shimmery color.



Red Carpet

Lastly, there is one shade that steals the spotlight: Red Carpet!  Red Carpet is red hot.  It's sexy, it's bold, it demands attention!  This shade inspires confidence.



Similarly to Ravishing Rose, I get a hint of cocoa powder.  Just remember, as anyone who took High School Dance or was on the Dance Team knows, the cardinal rule is to use red lip liner.  It's highly recommended when wearing red lips because red lips smudge and smear easily.  I had to be extra careful to apply this without liner.




Overall, I'm pretty happy with these lipsticks,  I cannot wait to play them up with liner and gloss!
 Stay tuned for the next time Target and e.l.f. launch new products!

Till Next Time Glammies,

Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment